Fill in the blanks:
1. A _______ can be found on a tree in a thicket of small trees or a _______.
2. The monk saying his prayers in the _______ didn’t have a hair on his head. He was _______.
3. The leprechaun delivered his _______ praising gold in an Irish _______.
4. The weather this month was not very _______; many days were almost like spring.
5. The homeless ________ often demonstrated _______ behavior; stealing and vandalizing.
6. There were flora and fauna in the _______ that was not _______ to the area. It was usually found elsewhere.
7. The painting was not the original, just a very good _______.
8. The sea was so _______, the sailors were _______(d) in layers of coats.
9. There is no ______ or guessing here. I have a clear _______ of the event. I remember it well.
10. As far as cleanliness goes, he was the _______. He _______(d) ten times a day.
11. The judge granted the ______ fogy a $100 _______ in recompense for his suffering.
12. The _______ paraded down the street so often, they _______(d) the blacktop
13. All the items on the menu were _______. They had to be ordered separately.
14. The explorers _______(d) through the uncultivated _______ with machetes and axes. 15. The window was so grimy, I could not imagine it _______.